Our E30 Rear Suspension Kit has been designed and manufactured to bring the performance and benefits of a Push-rod system to your E30 chassis without the guess-work of starting from scratch. The geometry of our system was analyzed and perfected to ensure our system provides performance while not unbalancing the chassis with the factory front system left in-tact.
Our kit drops in to the E30 chassis utilizing the factory strut towers as precise locating features. This ensures a quick, simplistic installation procedure and greatly reduces potential error in component alignment.
NOTE: Potential purchasers of this kit must be aware that basic fabrication skills (such as fitting and welding) are required for the installation of this system.
Dampers are NOT included in any of the kit options here. Dampers may be purchased directly from AVO or we may be contacted to include them in your order. Our kit uses a 10″ – 14″ damper. The AVO dampers to be used in our kit is the MTC 140/100 which is available in single, double and triple adjustable versions. Other dampers can certainly be used. Please contact us for a diagram of the damper specifications.
Complete Parts Breakdown: The following list entails every component which is included in our “Full Kit”. With each kit we also include a detailed installation manual. Pleas contact us if you would like a copy of the manual prior to purchasing so you can assess the installation procedure.
Steel Chassis Structure:
- Drivers Side Rear Strut Tower Box (1 piece)
- Passenger Side Rear Strut Tower Box (1 piece)
- Drivers Side Formed Rocker Clevis (1 piece)
- Passenger Side Formed Rocker Clevis (1 piece)
- Formed Damper Mount Clevis (2 pieces)
- Formed Centre Channel Beam (1 piece)
- Trailing Arm Lug Reinforcement (1 dr. side – 1 pass side)
Billet Rocker Assembly (two assemblies included – QTY’s below are per assembly):
- CNC Machined Billet Rocker – Anodized (1 piece)
- Sealed Radial Bearing (2 pieces)
- Bearing Safety Retaining Ring (2 pieces)
- Billet Machined Inner Race Bearing Spacer (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Bearing Cone – Anodized (2 pieces)
- CNC Machined Stainless Rocker Bushings (4 pieces)
Billet Pushrods (two assemblies included – QTY’s below are per assembly):
- CNC Machined Steel Double Clamp Pushrod – Plated (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Steel Double Adjuster – Plated (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Rigid End – Anodized (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Adjustable End – Anodized (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Adjuster Clamp – Anodized (2 pieces)
Billet 2” Damper Reservoir Mounts (two assemblies included – QTY’s below are per assembly):
- CNC Machined Billet Front Cap (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Mount Base (1 piece)
- CNC Machined Billet Backing Plate (1 piece)
Misalignment Cone Sets (CNC Machined Stainless):
- Damper Rear Mount (4 pieces)
- Damper to Rocker connection (4 pieces)
- Pushrod to Rocker connection (4 pieces)
- Pushrod to Trailing Arm connection (4 pieces)
- M10 12.9 SHCS – Rocker connection points (4 pieces)
- M12 12.9 SHCS – Rocker Bearing connection points (2 pieces)
- M12 12.9 SHCS – Damper to Structure connection points (2 pieces)
- M12 12.9 SHCS – Pushrod to Trailing Arm connection points (2 pieces)
- M12 Class 10 Lock Nut – Damper & Rocker Mounts (4 pieces)
- M10 Class 10 Lock Nut – Rocker connection points (4 pieces)
- M6 SHCS – Pushrod Clasps (4 pieces)
- M6 SHCS – Damper Res. Mounts (4 pieces)
- M6 CSUNK – Damper Res Caps (8 pieces)
- M10 SHCS – Structure Mock-up (4 pieces)
- M10 HX Nut – Structure Mock-up (4 pieces)
Kit Variations: Please understand which kit option you are purchasing prior to ordering. Our kits do NOT include dampers themselves. Please contact us with any questions regarding what is included in each variation.
Full Kit (using AVO dampers):
- Includes every item in the above detailed list. Kit does NOT include dampers themselves.
Full Kit (using your own dampers):
- This is the complete kit without the misalignment cones and hardware for mounting the dampers as the misalignment cones may differ if the damper bearings vary from the AVO Dampers.
Bare Bones Kit (using AVO dampers):
- This kit includes the complete drop-in frame structure and the rocker assemblies with hardware. It does NOT include the push-rods themselves. This kit is ideal for those who want to make their own push-rods (either machined or welded tube). This price includes misalignment cones for the AVO dampers but does NOT include the dampers.
Bare Bones Kit (using your own dampers):
- This is the same kit as listed above without the misalignment cones for the AVO dampers, again they could be different if the damper bearings are not identical to what is used in the AVO units.